Until July 2017, documenting the seasons of coastal Dorset. I'm a complete amateur so don't trust I'm always right. If ever you see I'm wrong - whether with identifications or in anything else - do say! Meanwhile . . . I've now moved to Halifax in West Yorkshire. Click on the link below to collect the new URL. Don't forget to follow there!

Thursday 17 July 2008

RUSHING TO GET READY AND TAKING SOLACE IN THE TREES

This is a post left over from when Loose and Leafy was a work of fiction. Later, it evolved into what it is now - a blog about the wild plants of the South Dorset Coast.

To make sense (in so far as there is sense) of these early posts, you may like to take a look at Esther in the Garden.

* * *.
Ceres arrives later this morning so I need to get this said and done quickly.

The main photos are of trees and the hollow insides of a dead poplar branch.

I've been into Esther's garden to pick nasturtiums and put them in a little vase on the table beside Ceres' bed.

And I've put some books there too; some detective novels, some poetry and a dictionary. I couldn't think of anything else.
It's a bit hairy! Will she miss her brother and sisters or be glad to get shot of them? Will she wipe her feet on the mat? Will she eat proper food or insist upon chips? Help! What will she do while I'm at work?


.
.
.
.
Help! Help! And Double help!

5 comments:

Barbee' said...

And, how old is this child?

Shibaguyz said...

Lucy, are you sure this Ceres is a child?? If she is a young woman and shows up with a daughter named Kore, you have good news and bad news on your hands. Get your information my dear or we could all be in danger. Oh... and keep her away from anyone named Pluton... just to be on the safe side.

If it is the adult Ceres, then send her best regards from the Shibaguyz and thank her for all her help these past couple of years!

Zoƫ said...

Just to say, I did pop back and read the revised layout too!

Weeping Sore said...

Yum, fresh flowers and mystery books. What's not to like?

Philip Bewley said...

I love the image of the bark. Actually, I love all your photography.
Best,
Philip